Yokohama, Japan | 2021 – Accuphase DP-450 – The ideal CD player for disc playback.
Accuphase has spent 35 years developing CD players in pursuit of the best in disc playback. The DP-450 CD player combines a number of innovative technologies, including a CD drive mechanism with a strong integrated structure, high-quality elastic dampers that protect the lens actuator from vibration, and MDS+ type D/A converters with four parallel circuits. The DP-450 extracts the full potential of any CD to deliver a listening experience that stays with you.
Features and Functions of Transport Section
Vibration countermeasures in CD players that read audio data from rotating discs greatly impact the sound quality. By placing the high-rigidity drive mechanism as close to the base as possible, the DP-450 significantly reduces external vibrations from being transmitted to the traverse mechanism and protects the lens actuator that reads the discs. The high-quality elastic dampers that connect the traverse and disc loading mechanisms reduce the magnification of natural resonances in the lens actuator, improving reading precision. Additionally, the chucking magnet is an 8-pole neodymium bonded magnet for high magnetic flux density and dimensional accuracy. This chucking magnet secures the turntable and disc evenly and firmly to enable uniform disc rotation without wobbling.
Creating a quiet listening environment is a vital component in enjoying music. Vibrations from spinning discs that are transmitted to the chassis resonate and amplify operational sounds. The elastic dampers that support the traverse mechanism inhibit vibrations from discs and greatly reduce chassis resonance. The three-layer large bridge surrounding the traverse mechanism also shields against vibrational noise from high-speed rotation. This technological development allows the DP-450 to operate quietly without being affected by disc rotation.
Carved from an aluminum block and then finished with a hard anodized aluminum and satin treatment, the elegant and elaborate disc tray uses high-quality bearing shafts to open and close smoothly and quietly.
Features and Functions of the Digital Processor Section
MDS+ (Multiple Delta Sigma) type D/A converter with four parallel circuits
The MDS+ conversion principle is a revolutionary D/A conversion routing method that employs multiple delta-sigma type D/A converters connected in parallel for drastically improved performance. By passing output from the high-performance ES9026PRO DAC chip (ESS Technologies) through 4 parallel converter circuits, the DP-450 almost doubles (=√4) overall performance for distortion, noise, linearity, and more. Because the improvements provided by the MDS+ principle are independent of signal frequency and level, output signal noise at very low levels can also be minimized, a feat that conventional delta-sigma converters find extremely difficult to achieve.
Direct Balanced Filter circuits
The Direct Balanced Filter circuits with independent line and balanced outputs achieve stable signal transmission because there is no interference from mutual loads, producing ideal performance and sound quality.
• A high-rigidity, top-quality CD drive that operates quietly
• MDS+ type D/A converter with four parallel circuits
• Direct Balance Filter circuits comprised of independent line and balanced circuits create the ideal signal output
• Power transformer with independent analog and digital windings
• Low noise power supply circuits using amplifier technology
• Programmable playlists so that you can enjoy your music in the order you want
• Display with sampling frequency and number of quantization bits
• Adjustable output level to match signal with different output levels from other players
• Digital connection to connect with an Accuphase voicing equalizer for sound field correction in the digital
• Digital inputs (USB, OPTICAL, COAXIAL) so you can enjoy a variety of sound sources
• Transport output terminals (OPTICAL, COAXIAL) that work with the D/A converter
• 2 (balanced, line) analog outputs
• Phase selector that can invert the balanced output
• Low-center of gravity thanks to a recessed bottom plate slot allowing the CD drive to be installed as low as
• Three-layer large bridge for excellent sound insulation
• High-quality, high-carbon cast iron insulators with exceptional vibration damping
• “Power-on play” that automatically starts playback with a timer (commercially available)