Yokohama, Japan | 2019 – The E-800 is a new addition to the highly acclaimed Accuphase lineup of quality High End Audio Stereo Integrated Amplifiers.
Integrated Amplifier Is First Entry in New Flagship Model Series
The E-800 is positioned above the E-650 as the new flagship model in the integrated amplifier lineup of Accuphase. The preamplifier section features the impeccable Balanced AAVA type volume control, while the power amplifier section is configured as an instrumentation amplifier using a six-fold parallel push-pull configuration of power MOS-FETs driven in pure Class A. The resulting quality is on a par with high-class separate type amplifiers. Operating as a simple and smart system, the E-800 realizes acoustic excellence that reaches to the very heart of the music.
Balanced AAVA type volume control
AAVA performs volume adjustment by making use of a combination of 16 current signals with different magnitude, thereby eliminating signal degradation and impedance fluctuations and maintaining high S/N ratio and low THD over the entire volume range. In the Balanced AAVA implementation of the E-800, two AAVA circuits are driven in a fully balanced configuration with a superior capability to eliminate external noise.
High-accuracy, high-rigidity volume sensor construction
The volume sensor mechanism developed by Accuphase in-house is built from a single massive aluminum block extruded and finished with utmost precision and com- plemented by other substantial materials, to ensure a silky smooth operation feel.
Sound quality ‒ Simply aiming for the best
Formidable power amplification stage
The power amplification circuitry mounted directly on a large heat sink employs a six-fold parallel push-pull configuration of power MOS-FETs driven in Class A. Two identical units arranged on the left and right sides of the chassis deliver impeccable power in a linear progression for the two channels: 50 watts into 8 ohms, 100 watts into 4 ohms, and 200 watts into 2 ohms. The amplifier can even supply 300 watts into 1 ohm (music signals).
High damping factor brings out the full musical potential of loudspeakers
Features such as Balanced Remote Sensing and MOS-FET switches help to realize a damping factor of 1000. Superb motion control lets every loudspeaker perform at its very best.
Power supply circuitry designed for optimum stability
The strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and two large 60,000 μF filtering capacitors ensures a stable current supply at all times.
- Logic-control signal switching relays for shortest signal paths
- Five line level and three balanced inputs
- Line input and output connectors for a recorder
- Individual phase setting for each input
- Stereo signal can be switched to monophonic operation
- Left/right balance control also realized with Balanced AAVA
- Convenient attenuator is useful for example when operatingan analog record player or taking a telephone call
- Loudness compensator enhances low endpresence at low volume levels
- Tone controls using summing active filters
- Power amplification stage employsinstrumentation amplifier principle
- Current feedback amplification circuit topologyassures excellent phase characteristics in high range
- Speaker output protection circuit guards againstshort-circuiting
- Protection circuitry using MOS-FET switches
- Two sets of large speaker terminals
- Preamplifier and power amplifier sections can beused separately
- Line level and balanced outputs of preamplifiersection also support bi-amping connection
- Line level and balanced inputs of power sectionenable use as a power amplifier
- Dedicated headphone amplifier constructed withdiscrete components
- Two rear panel expansion slots allow use of option boards
- DAC input selector button for use with digitalinput board (when DAC-40 / DAC-50 is installed)
- Sampling frequency display for digital input signal(when DAC-40 / DAC-50 is installed)
- High-sensitivity LED bar graph power meters with30-point indication to -50 dB