Kanagawa, Japan | 2020 – Integrated Amplifier with Digital Connectivity.
The PM6007 delivers Marantz’ most musical sound and is an ideal choice for those ready to take the next step in their 2-channel Hi-Fi system. Powered by a Toroidal power transformer and customized block capacitors, the PM6007 integrated amplifier delivers 45 watts (8ohm, 20Hz-20kHz) of power-per-channel. You can easily connect both analog and digital sources or connect your turntable to the built-in phono pre-amp with FET input, and experience enhanced bass with a subwoofer out option. Listen to your favorite Hi-Res audio content with the 192-kHz/24-bit D/A converter and enjoy your favorite records through the MM phono input.
- Take your next step in Hi-Fi: The PM6007 integrated current feedback amplifier powers 2x 45W (8 ohms RMS, 20Hz – 20kHz) to offer a refined audio experience.
- Meticulously and masterfully tuned: During the extensive tuning process, Marantz sound masters carefully refine and curate each component for optimal performance.
- Wide range of connectivity: Experience Hi-Res audio files exactly as intended through the following gold-plated inputs: 5 analog inputs, one coaxial input and two optical digital inputs.
- An updated audio experience: The newly updated, high-quality DAC AK4490 offers a cleaner sound for your enjoyment.
- Digital filter modes for Optical/Coaxial input: Listen to a more refined audio experience to fit your taste with the new digital filter mode feature.
- Built to perform: In addition to high-quality speaker terminals with A/B switching capability, a fully-shielded DAC unit, and copper screws, the rigid feet provide a true-to-performance sound.
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 circuit: You will experience a wider dynamic range with lower distortion for the output stage.
- Advanced thermal compensation: No memory distortion for clean and precise audio reproduction even after powerful bass attacks.
- Customized components for a more refined sound: The Toroidal Transformer and high-quality, customized components deliver exceptional sound quality.
- Integrated phono input: Featuring a high-quality MM phono pre-amp with FET input to enjoy best signal purity and sound from your favorite vinyl.
- Enjoy deeper bass with a subwoofer output: Enjoy powerful bass by adding a subwoofer, companion bookshelf speakers or even further extend bass with the addition of floor standing speakers.
- Available in black or silver-gold
Current Feedback Amplifier
The Current Feedback Amplifier technology provides wide-bandwidth and high-speed sound reproduction. In combination with the high current power supply, the PM6007’s amplifier holds a large energy reserve to easily drive even the most demanding speakers. An advanced thermal compensation avoids memory distortion for clean amplification under any circumstances.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion for Digital Input
The PM6007 features a new Hi-Res D/A conversion. It is equipped with a reference class AK4490 D/A converter, which provides up to 192-kHz/24-bit resolution for optimum fidelity with your Hi-Res audio file types.
High Current Power Supply
The power supply supports high current, high speed Shottky Barrier Diodes and high current storage capacitors fed by a Toroidal Transformer that together provide wide dynamic range and low impedance drive capability.
A Toroidal Transformer has several advantages over a normal EI core transformer. The highly efficient design delivers more power compared to the same size EI core transformer. In addition, the shape of the Toroidal Transformer delivers low electromagnetic radiation and mechanical vibration for better sound quality.
Marantz HDAM-SA3 Technology
Marantz has developed our own discrete circuit boards to replace standard IC’s. These HDAM’s (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) consist of discrete surface mount components with short mirror image L/R signal paths. These devices do exactly the same thing as the Op-amps, but outperform the regular IC Op-amps dramatically in terms of the Slew Rate and reduced noise level, resulting in more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound.
In the PM6007, the HDAM-SA3 circuit improves on its previous module and the idling current stability is less influenced by power transistor temperatures to maintain sound performance even at high level output.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion for Digital Input
The PM6007 features a new Hi-Res D/A conversion. It is equipped with the reference class AK4490 D/A converter, which provides up to 192-kHz/24-bit resolution for optimum fidelity with Hi-Res audio file types.
Expanded Connectivity for Digital Inputs (2 Optical, 1 Coax) with Hi-Res Audio Support
One Coaxial digital and two Optical digital inputs are now available to connect digital devices and play back Hi-Res audio (up to 192-kHz/24-bit PCM) through the PM6007’s advanced audio circuitry. The complete digital section is fully shielded by an extra metal housing unit to ensure that the digital stage has no effect on the analog signal.
Digital Filter for Optical/Coaxial input
The PM6007 introduces a new digital filter for Optical and Coaxial inputs. This two-mode filter (Filter1/Filter2) allows optimized reproduction of digital music content using the new AK4490 D/A converter to your taste. Filter 1 is a slow roll-off preset that improves deep stereo imaging and Filter 2 is a sharp roll-off filter for more precise imaging reproduction.
The PM6007 supports an optional external subwoofer with a fixed low pass cut off frequency at 150Hz. Enjoy accurate bass with no audible peaks or dips, no matter where you place your subwoofer.
Improved Integrated Phono Input
Marantz integrated amplifiers have historically featured high-quality phono stages. The PM6007 remains faithful to that legacy, leveraging the newly designed circuit introduced with the PM7000N — one that integrates a FET (field-effect transistors) in the input stage. This technology delivers high input impedance, eliminates the need for AC coupling capacitors, simplifies the signal path, and lowers distortion and noise which vastly the overall signal purity.
Audio-Grade Sound Parts
Marantz maintains a steadfast reputation for choosing the best possible components for its Hi-Fi products, and the PM6007 is built with that same performance-first Hi-Fi approach. Marantz engineers selected and improved the PM6007 versus the previous PM6006 through extensive listening in dedicated Marantz facilities in Europe and Japan using Hi-Fi tuned sound parts. For example, increasing the size of the power supply capacitors by 20% improved stability during high demand listening sessions.
The Most Musical Sound
Engineered and extensively tuned by a team drawing on more than 65 years of Hi-Fi expertise, the PM6007 provides exceptional performance for your audio collection. Whether digital or analog, enjoy the most musical sound from any source.
Discover Why Marantz