Binghamton, NY, USA | December, 2021 – The New RS150 and RS250 Feature Easy Streaming Options for Modern Listening.
McIntosh is proud to introduce its iconic sonic quality in the new RS150 Wireless Loudspeaker and RS250 Wireless Loudspeaker System. The RS150 is a user-friendly and compact wireless speaker delivering a larger-than-life home audio sound performance. The RS250 is McIntosh’s most advanced and powerful home audio wireless speaker system to date.
Both the mono RS150 and stereo RS250 are stand-alone, complete wireless speaker solutions. The new models do not require a dedicated control app. Rather, each feature a variety of built-in streaming “cast-to” technologies including Spotify® Connect, TIDAL® Connect, Apple® AirPlay® 2, Bluetooth®, Chromecast, and Roon Ready – allowing users to easily stream from their smart devices.
The RS150 Wireless Loudspeaker
- Serves as an entry-level experience of McIntosh’s legendary sound and performance standards
- Built in a moderate size that can fit in almost any home listening setting
- Updated version of the successful RS100, replacing the predeceasing unit with double the power output (from 60 Watts total power to 120 Watts total power)
- Directly connects to popular streaming apps that use compatible casting technologies
- Woofer enlarged from a 4″ to 5-1/4″ diameter driver, 90 Watts of power and a larger, reengineered encloser resulting in higher output with lower distortion and deeper bass extension
- Easily removable speaker grille if user prefers to expose the woofer and tweeter
- Bass control has also been added to fine-tune the low-end performance based on unique room characteristics and listening preferences
- The design resembles the traditional McIntosh aesthetic, with a glass front panel on the lower section of the speaker
The RS250 Wireless Loudspeaker System
- Includes virtually everything needed to enjoy music streaming from any device
- Features turntable connectivity via the dedicated phono input
- Ability to connect to television via an audio-only HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) input for better audio performance when watching favorite shows, movies, or sports, the system further includes that connects to ARC compatible TV’s
- Offers a sizeable 650 Watts of total power that is delivered to two 4″ x 6″ woofers, four 2″ midranges, and two ¾” tweeters
- The midranges and tweeters are front firing, while the woofers are down firing with the sound emanating from under the main chassis just above the base plate
- The woofer enclosure has been reengineered to reduce distortion with improved bass control to fine tune the low-end performance
- To enhance low frequencies even more, it can be connected to an external powered subwoofer
- To enjoy non-streaming music, the RS250 has an optical input to connect digital sources and a 3.5mm AUX input for connecting other music sources, also featuring a ¼” headphone jack on the front panel permits personal listening
- The RS250 is versatile enough to serve as the hub of a modern home audio and entertainment system
Shared Features of the RS150 and RS250
- Both can conveniently be controlled directly from favorite streaming apps that use compatible casting technologies.
- Compatible with TIDAL HiFi’s Hi-Res playback of 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution digital music files
- With their built-in high-resolution streaming capabilities, both are Roon Ready endpoint devices
- *Roon Ready network devices have Roon’s streaming technology built in, and are certified by Roon Labs to provide the highest level of quality and performance in network streaming.
- Use Bluetooth 5.0 with support for both the high bitrate Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) standard as well as Qualcomm® aptX™ HD for hi res audio playback, and Qualcomm aptX Low Latency for improved synching between audio and video
- A new illuminated digital output meter uses the same trusted circuits found in McIntosh’s analog meters to collect and process the audio signals; it then digitizes the results and outputs them into a pulsating, gradated bar that shares the curved shape of their familiar analog meters
- Include a wired ethernet port while also supporting Wi-Fi protocols a, b, g, n, and ac.
- Units are Google Assistant compatible for voice control
- *Google Assistant voice control requires use of a third-party Google Assistant device with voice recognition (sold separately). The RS150 and RS250 do not have voice recognition capabilities. The RS150, RS250, and Google Assistant device must be on the same network.
Pricing and Availability
Orders for the RS150 and RS250 can now be placed with Authorized McIntosh dealers. Shipping to the United States and Canada is expected to begin in December 2021 for RS150, and January 2022 for RS250. Shipping to the rest of the world will follow shortly thereafter for each product.
Suggested retail price (VAT, shipping and any customs duties related to current standards of individual countries are excluded):
RS150: $1,200 USD RS250: $3,000 USD
Founded in 1949, McIntosh Laboratory, Inc. is known for offering distinguished quality audio products, superior customer service and the ultimate experience in music and film. All McIntosh products are handcrafted at the Binghamton, NY factory by over 150 employees with a passion for music and the McIntosh heritage. McIntosh continues to define the ultimate home entertainment experience for discriminating consumers around the world, with the iconic “McIntosh Blue” Watt Meters globally recognized as a symbol of quality audio. Since its inception, McIntosh has been powering some of the most important moments in music history and pop culture. From President Lyndon Johnson’s inauguration speech to Woodstock to the famous Grateful Dead “Wall of Sound,” McIntosh has not only witnessed history, it has shaped it. With McIntosh, customers have the ability to create their own premium audio experience – and truly live their music. Visit www.mcintoshlabs.com to learn more.