Binghamton, NY | 2019 – McIntosh, the global leader in prestigious home entertainment and ultimate-quality audio for 70 years, is proud to announce its newest hybrid integrated amp: the MA352 Integrated Amplifier. The MA352 Integrated Amplifier is a hybrid design that combines the finest of vacuum tube and solid state audio design principles. The result is an eye-catching amplifier that enjoys the best of these two opposing audio philosophies all while reproducing music at the highest quality level.
An all analog design, the MA352 has a vacuum tube preamplifier section that is powered by a pair of 12AX7A and a pair of 12AT7 vacuum tubes; its output stage is a direct coupled solid state amplifier that outputs 200 Watts per channel into 8 Ohm speakers or 320 Watts per channel into 4 Ohm speakers – enough power to properly drive virtually any set of loudspeakers. Dual scale blue Watt meters give an accurate readout of power output for both speaker impedances.
The MA352 has 2 balanced and 3 unbalanced inputs plus 1 Moving Magnet phono input with adjustable loading for connecting a turntable. It has gold-plated speaker binding posts to help prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your speakers. A stereo preamplifier output is available for connecting a higher-powered amplifier; it can also be used to connect 1 or 2 powered subwoofers for added low frequency performance.
The MA352 is packed with numerous McIntosh technologies including:
- Our patented Power Guard® technology that monitors the output signal for over driving and makes real time micro adjustments to the input signal to prevent harsh sounding clipping that could potentially damage your speakers
- Our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit Sentry Monitor™ that will disengage the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which are connected to advanced high current output transistors that minimize thermal equilibrium lag (or warm-up) time
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- A 5-band analog tone control allows for manual adjustment of your favorite recordings (each band adjustable by ± 12dB)
- Home Theater Pass Through lets it be seamlessly integrated into a home theater system
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- Data Ports to send remote control commands to connected source components
The unit sits on a stainless steel chassis polished to a mirror finish; vintage McIntosh-styled die cast aluminum name badges are affixed to each side. Blue output meters, control knobs, an illuminated logo, and a black glass front panel with direct LED backlighting complete the unit. It can be paired with an assortment of CD players, turntables, tuners, media streamers and speakers to complete your home audio system. Contact your local dealer to learn more.
Pricing and Availability
Orders for the MA352 can now be placed with Authorized McIntosh dealers with shipping expected to begin to the United States in September 2019 and the rest of the world shortly thereafter.
Suggested retail price (VAT, shipping and any customs duties related to current standards of individual countries are excluded): $6,500 USD