Yokohama, Japan | 2021 – Accuphase DC-1000 Precision MDSD digital Processor – Accuphase celebrates 50 years of manufacturing with the DC-1000, a digital processor developed to deliver the ultimate in performance and sound quality. It is equipped with the ES9038 PRO (ESS Technologies) processor: an 8MDSD (DSD signal) / 8MDS++ (PCM signal) type D/A converter that drives 8 channels in parallel to deliver almost 3 times more performance than single channel converters. Low-noise technologies refined during development of the amplifiers, like amplification of ANCC and internal signals and parallel arrangement of power circuits, allow the DC-1000 to deliver unprecedented levels of emotion.
MDSD (Multiple Double Speed DSD) principle
DSD signals contain a large amount of quantization noise at frequencies higher than the range of human hearing, so digital filters have to be used to remove high frequency noise. Typically, DSD signals are converted into PCM signals before being input into the digital filter. The MDSD principle employed in the DC-1000, however, generates 8 phase-shifted DSD signals and then inputs them to the 8 channels in the MDS++ type D/A converter. The entire circuit then operates as a moving-average filter with completely linear phase characteristics to eliminate high frequency noise. MDSD represents a ground-breaking playback method that does not convert DSD signals into PCM signals, but instead operates as a filter that eliminates high frequency noise.
MDS++ (Multiple Delta Sigma) converter principle with 8 parallel channels
The MDS++ conversion principle is a revolutionary D/A conversion method that employs multiple delta-sigma type D/A converters connected in parallel for drastically improved performance. By passing output from the high-performance ES9038PRO (ESS Technologies) through 8 parallel converter channels, the DP-1000 provides a theoretical 2.8 (=√8) increase in overall perfor- mance for distortion, noise, linearity, and more. Because the improvements provided by the MDS++ principle are independent of signal frequency and level, output signal noise at very low levels can also be minimized, a feat that conventional delta-sigma converters find extremely difficult to achieve.
Newly developed Dual Direct Balanced Filter
The Dual Direct Balanced Filter is comprised of 2 parallel Direct Balanced Filters with totally separate line and balanced signal paths that suppress mutual interference to deliver improved performance and sound quality.
Glass cloth fluorocarbon resin substrate
The active filter amplifiers with Dual Direct Balanced Filter circuits use glass cloth fluorocarbon resin substrate, a material renowned for its sound quality and exceptional characteristics like low dielectric constant and minimum loss.
- MDSD / MDS++ D/A converter driving 8 parallel channels using ANCC
- Dual Direct Balanced Filter with completely separate line and balanced signals
- Separate toroidal transformers for analog and digital circuits
- Separate low noise power supply circuits for analog and digital circuits
- Display with sampling frequency and number of quantization bits
- Output level adjustments that can control different outputs from other players
- Digital interface for Accuphase Voicing Equalizer
- Abundant digital inputs like USBs, etc. to connect with computers (HS-LINK, USB, OPTICAL × 2, COAXIAL × 3, BALANCED)
- Digital outputs that can be used in digital recording (OPTICAL, COAXIAL)
- 2 (BALANCED, LINE) analog outputs
- Phase selector that can invert the balanced output
- Active filter amplifiers use glass cloth fluorocarbon resin substrate with low dielectric constant and minimum loss
- Natural grain wood case with a mirror finish crafted by artisans using carefully selected virgin wood
- 8 mm thick machined aluminium bottom plate
- Advanced high-carbon cast iron insulators
- High quality audio cable ASL-10B